Bible-Discovery - Bible study software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux - Video
The greatest novelty to help your Bible-study
The greatest novelty of the new version is the etymological (word-origin) analytical function: a tree structure shows which word (Strong-number) originates from which one.
It could be interesting for everyone who involves himself deeply in the Word. Lots of hours can be saved by its regular usage. The truth is that the new version offers you such an opportunity which couldn't be used before because of the difficulties in collecting word-origin of a Greek/Hebrew word.
I'd like to present the usage of the new version briefly:
Different etymological structure belongs to every dictionary representing Strong-numbers (BDB, Thayer, Strong). In this way everyone can use the version he trusts in the best.
An interesting example for displaying the etymological tree:
Let's study the G363 Greek word (means 'remind'):
- The program firstly looks for which dictionary should be the basis to analyse the Strong-number. Firstly it tries to find the dictionary chosen by the tab. If this dictionary can't be used, the program looks for the appropriate one.
- The display window of etymology appears.
- The examined word (Stong-number) is written on the top. Next to this word it is shown that the etymological tree was constructed on the basis of which dictionary.
- The bubble-information comes out of the dictionary set in parameter.
- Strong numbers are shown by origin in tree structure.
If a word has more than one origins, the program shows you its etymologies next to the word. Switch from one branch of origin to another can be performed by clicking in the downward-poining triangle icon.
In this way the origin of the top element (called root element) can be studied further.
- Clicking on the tree-elements the program looks for the occurring places of the Strong number.
- A small checkbox can be found before the numbers in the tree structure. They are suitable for searching also the simultaneous occurrence of several Strong numbers.
- The checked Strong numbers can also be copied to the clipboard for searching. The copied searching expression can be used for further searches.
- For example we examine in which verse the Bible speaks about 'remind'
and 'word' together:
( G3403 | G363 | G364 | G1878 | G3417 | G3420 | G3419 | G3421 | G3422 | G5279 | G5280 ) AND word
We didn't have to hunt for and write this long searching expression. This program saved us at least half an hour.
New, attractive skin: Nimbus
The program has been improved by a new, attractive skin. It is named: 'Nimbus':
Copying of the dictionary entries is a great help for you
Another great feature of the verse copier function is that dictionary entries of the words can also be copied to the clipboard. The words with Strong-numbers and explanations are listed below the verses
Copying of the Bible verses into the text editor has also been renewed
The function that allows the Bible verses to be copied to the text editor or to the clipboard has been renewed significantly. Showed by a majority of vote, the most popular formats have been inserted replacing the old ones. Copying of the search results has become much nicer.
It helps everyone who involves himself deeply in the Old Testament.
The Old Testament part of KJV English Bible Translation also contains grammatical forms of the verbs. In this way the meaning equivalent of the verb-root can be chosen from the dictionary.